CQI and IRCA Certified ‘Quality in Construction’ Training Course (course code PT205) - Abbassi Course ID 2324
Next Course Dates:
This CQI-IRCA Certified course provides practical skills development of the fundamental tools, techniques and structured methodologies for problem solving and the capability to lead a problem-solving team in the application of the key tools and development of robust and sustainable solutions.
Course duration and timetable
3 days, starting at 9.00 am to 5.30 pm with 45 minutes lunch and 2 breaks (am and pm). Public courses held at our fully equipped 4 star and 5-star training venues in London.
For in-house delivery, we will travel to your premises, or chosen venue for the training, and the timings can be adjusted to suit your company as long as the total duration of the course is not altered.
3 days, 24 hours in total. From the comfort of your home or office, anywhere in the world as long as you have internet access, a computer, webcam, and microphone.
Who is it for?
This course is designed for those who are practising in quality and aspire towards middle management.
This is a 3-day course for Managing Problem Solving covers the following topics:
- Approaches to problem solving and their use (such as 3C, 8D, A3, Six Sigma [DMAIC], DFSS, Lean, Kaizen, TPM, Appreciative Inquiry and Kepner-Tregoe)
- Structured problem-solving approaches (8 Steps)
- Problem definition and scope (such as Is/is not, description structures and chartering)
- Roles in problem solving and workshop facilitation
- Leading teams working with the following tools:
- Tools to understand current conditions (flowcharts, check sheets, stratification, pareto charts, scatter plots, run charts, histograms, control charts)
- Tools for root cause analysis (cause/effect diagram, 5 Whys)
- Solution generation (idea generation, selection matrices)
- Evaluation of solutions (PDCA)
- Risk analysis (risk matrix, FMEA, mistake proofing)
- Implementation of solutions (standardisation, monitoring, follow-up)
Course assessment and examination
It is a requirement of the CQI-IRCA Certified courses that delegates fully attend and successfully achieve the course learning objectives before a certificate of achievement can be awarded. Therefore, delegates attending this classroom-based training are required to take a one-hour examination. The examination is a multiple-choice paper and is closed book.
In addition, the tutors’ continual assessment of delegates ensures that weaknesses in any areas are identified during the course so that actions are taken to help the delegate achieve the learning objectives.
It is a requirement of the CQI-IRCA Certified courses that delegates fully attend and successfully achieve the course learning objectives before a certificate of achievement can be awarded. Therefore, delegates attending the online version of this training are also required to take a one-hour examination. This is an online examination using a secure examination platform with live online invigilation.
A “Certificate of Achievement” of the course is awarded to those delegates who successfully complete the course assessment.
Recommended prior knowledge
A basic knowledge of problem solving or completion of the 1-day CQI-IRCA Certified training course ‘FD102 Introduction to Problem Solving’