CQI and IRCA Certified ‘Introduction to Risk Management’ Training Course (course code FD103) - Abbassi Course ID 2159
This course provides awareness of the fundamental tools, techniques and structured methodologies for risk management across a broad range of organisational contexts and the capability to participate as a member of a team in the application of the key tools.
Course duration and timetable
2 days, starting at 9.00 am to 5.30 pm with 45 minutes lunch and 2 refreshment breaks (am and pm)
- Introduction to risk and its importance in organisational leadership and ISO 9001 including legal aspects, regulatory, corporate governance, social responsibility, sustainability and organisational prosperity
- Types of organisational risk including external influences and benefits of addressing them
- Awareness of ISO 31000 and risk management principles, framework and lifecycle process
- Roles in risk management
- Overview of methods for risk identification and typical tools such as idea generation
- Overview of analysis tools such as risk register, risk matrix, PDPC, FTA, FMEA
- Overview of risk response and typical tools such as mistake proofing (Poka-yoke)
Who should attend
Foundation courses are designed specifically for individuals who are new to quality, or who work in other functions or professions. All individuals responsible for contributing to risk management process.
- tutor presentations
- practical skills development exercises
- interactive discussion and participation throughout the course
- group work activities
- continuous assessment of delegates' performance
- highly interactive using accelerated learning techniques
Recommended prior knowledge
There is no required prior knowledge for this Foundation Level Course.
A “Certificate of Completion” is awarded to the delegates who complete all parts of the course.