CQI and IRCA Certified ‘Managing Quality Planning’ Training Course (Course Code PT208) – Course ID 2373
This course provides the practical skills to manage the early phases of the product/service lifecycle and work with teams to deploy an integrated project based approach to product/service quality planning and risk management, in order to meet customer and stakeholder requirements.
Course duration and timetable
3 days, starting at 9.00 am to 5.30 pm UK time, with 45 minutes lunch and 2 breaks (am and pm). Public courses held at our fully equipped 4 star and 5-star training venues in London.
For in-house delivery, we will travel to your premises, or chosen venue for the training, and the timings can be adjusted to suit your company as long as the total duration of the course is not altered.
3 days, starting at 9.00 am to 5.30 pm UK time, with 45 minutes lunch and hourly short breaks throughout the day. From the comfort of your home or office, anywhere in the world as long as you have internet access, a computer, webcam, and microphone.
For delivery dates please click here.
Who is it for?
This course is designed for those who are practising in quality and aspire towards middle management.
This is a 3-day course for Managing Quality Planning and covers the following topics:
- Benefits of product and service planning:
- Principles of PDCA
- Relationship between PDCA and product/service planning
- Standards for Quality Planning (ISO 31000, ISO 10005
- Translating customer/stakeholder and other requirements into functional product and service requirements:
- Review of Creating Customer Excellence (voice of the customer)
- Understanding how to establish legal, compliance, regulatory, societal and standards-related requirements
- Quality function deployment overview
- Building the House of Quality
- Generating the ‘waterfall’ of matrices
- Managing projects (overview):
- Key principles and roles
- Project charters
- Milestone planning
- Business case
- Development of timing plans
- Monitoring projects
- Key requirements of ISO 9001:2015 (Sections 8.2 – 8.6) for product/service design and development.
- Managing products and services through quality planning phases:
- Overview of Design for Six Sigma project methodology of Define, Measure, Analyse, Design, and Verify
- Stage-gate reviews
- Design verification
- Product/service validation
- Key tools: Design Failure Mode and Effects Analysis, control plan, capability
- Managing external provider/supplier development
- Managing project and product/service risks:
- Risk assessment tools: risk register.
- Risk evaluation tools: risk matrix.
- Product/service risk analysis tools: Fault Tree Analysis, Design Failure Mode and Effects Analysis, Process Failure Mode and Effects Analysis.
- Managing scope.
- Budgets and financial planning.
- Risk response techniques.
- Integration into quality planning methodologies and project stages
Course assessment and examination
It is a requirement of the CQI-IRCA Certified courses that delegates fully attend and successfully achieve the course learning objectives before a certificate of achievement can be awarded. Therefore, delegates attending this training are required to take a one-hour multiple choice examination.
In addition, the tutors’ continual assessment of delegates ensures that weaknesses in any areas are identified during the course so that actions are taken to help the delegate achieve the learning objectives.
The examination is hard copy paper.
The examination is online using a secure examination platform with live online invigilation.
A “Certificate of Achievement” of the course is awarded to those delegates who successfully complete the course assessment.